Friday 1 June 2018

Morning Glory: Part 6

This month it's time for the quilt's namesake block: the trumpeting morning glory block.
It's a beautiful and hopeful block that marks the four directional points around the frame.
Here's how I made mine:
As usual there's a production line. You know I love my applique production lines..
 
I've chosen to break down my morning glory head into two parts, a larger 'windmill' shape background and smaller pieces to insert between the spaces.
Here I'm pinning my larger windmill shape into position
And adding the in between pieces neatly and carefully. 
I am actually glue basting tiny dots of glue on the overlap area to hold it all in position. 
 As I add each shape, I double check the pieces against the pattern shape to make sure it hasn't grown.
 Somehow this leaf has grown, so I will pull back the turn edge and wiggle it smaller, back into shape with the pattern outline.
 And here are my 4 Morning Glory blocks ready and set aside
 I stitched the red applique shape just for a bit of texture and I'm very happy with it.
Finished and set aside!


BOM 2018, My Biggest Year Ever! 

Morning Glory is my current paid BOM. It's an applique and pieced quilt. 

You can start this BOM today! 

Simply click the quilt image to learn more.

To see some of the breathtaking examples that are taking shape, simply visit my Free BOM Group on Facebook where progress images are being shown all the time. It's a massive inspiration and I warn you, it's addictive!

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is so interesting, how small are your stitches?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...