Wednesday 18 July 2018

WOW: Queen's Garden (Current Free BOM) Progress..

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays 
  This is Glenda Jean Hepburn's 'Queen's Garden' quilt top progress  

Here's a WIP going places! Today I'm proud to show you Glenda's progress on my Free BOM pattern, 'Queen's Garden'. Isn't is stunning? I am growing more and more in love with this design with each block and top I see made up. Gorgeous!

In an ideal world I'd make all my quilts. Of course, in that world I'd have staff making up all my designs around the clock and domestic help at home too. A woman can dream, can't she? In real life, there simply isn't enough time for me to keep up with myself. 

As it is, it would take me 10 years to catch up with my current quilt design output at my current rate of completion; stark facts indeed! So, I'm really lucky that I have such generous and thoughtful friends who keep me supplied with real time progress pics. Often they're actually ahead of time. It's extraordinary to me that Glenda finds the time to make my designs. I don't want you to think I'm some kind of task master - I do tell her not to keep making my quilts, but she's an unstoppable force. 

As a Group Moderator she simply can't help herself. Whenever I release a pattern, I warn her not to try and attempt getting it done. After all, this is a feat that I can't even manage, so I certainly don't expect anyone else to. Yet, she somehow manages to squeeze them all in! How? I don't know. I can never find enough hours in the day. I keep asking her how she does it and she won't tell me the secret. All we can do is admire her skills and eye for colour. 

Look at this beautiful use of colour: using colours that I know I wouldn't and yet I am so in love with this pallette, it positively shines! I overthink all my fabric choices and drive myself crazy with indecision so it's refreshing to see everyone else somehow manage to bypass this issue I suffer from! I'm in awe of your talent Glenda! 

As for me, I'm busy working behind the scenes.. creating more WIPs!

What's Your WOW?

6 comments:

  1. Encore un merveilleux ouvrage,bravo
    Esther je vous souhaite un bel été plongée dans votre passion merveilleuse qu'est le patchwork!
    Amicalement

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this quilt is gorgeous! I love the color choices as you do, it's a pretty combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is the easy part Esther making them , your talent for design makes these beautiful designs so difficult NOT to make and they are all ways so easy to follow; and one only has to look at the photo's on the BOM group to see how many others LOVE making them too. Thank you so much for this beautiful gift of Queens Garden you have given us this year. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have an amazing eye for color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s just beautiful! Designer and maker working together here complementing each other. Thank you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Wow, Wow.....just stunning Glenda!!! You're an inspiration (and a great group moderator as well).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...