Wednesday 1 August 2018

WOW: Winter Play

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays
I have a list of things to do that is as long as my arm, but sometimes you've just got to pull out your 'hexi play box' and have a day off. Winters down my way are usually mild affairs but this year has been properly cold and I've been making the most of being indoors rugged up against the rain, howling wind and gloomy outdoors. And of course, I've been designing my socks off!
This is my hexi box. It's a re-purposed beauty lotion gift box and it's the perfect size for me to cart around. In it, I hexi cut and then stash scraps that I have fallen in love with. At the moment I am gathering hexi flowers. When I have a few hundred, I will create a useful  throw about the house quilt. It's a simple piecing project that will come together with lots of pretty scraps leftover from meaningful projects.

This gorgeous peony fabric is a leftover from some bed-linen I made my DD. The women in this family are all fabric mad. And somehow, even though I protest and say I won't or can't, I find that I'm always sewing up some project for my DDs.  Come to think of it, now that I am looking at these peony print hexi flowers, I think I will set these aside to create a European pillow case to match the bedding or maybe a chair cushion .. it seems too nice not to pair it back up with the original project. I will have to check with my DD and let you know what happens. Whatever happens, it's the perfect day for an easy WIP and this is what mine looks like today..
What's Your WOW?


4 comments:

  1. Love your wunderful hexieflower!
    Greetings, Marita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Grandmothers flower is so so beautiful Esther, such a beautiful fabric it must have been hard to cut up? while you play with hexagons Im playing with leaves, one of my favourite shapes, I love how you can make so many different shaped leaves. it must be very very cold down in Melbourne as its very cold up here, I have 5 layers on and still not warm sitting here at the computer, think I will go and play with Queens Garden instead LOL Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Esther,comme ce tissus de roses est magnifique!je trouve les hexy's toujours une valeur sûr dans le domaine du patchwork
    avec des reste de tissus ou pas ,j'en réalise aussi régulièrement!
    En France nous avons presque 40° une chaleur torride pour l'Europe ,j'attend l'automne et l'hiver avec impatience.
    Amicalement

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...